On Sunday morning, as the emergency alerts woke or startled many, it soon became clear with each subsequent alert that there was a serious situation unfolding. Tragically, we have now learned more of the devastation that has occurred in James Smith Cree Nation and the nearby village of Weldon, Saskatchewan where many lives were lost and many others impacted by this horrific act of violence.
Our hearts are grieved as we grapple with the many unanswered questions. Would you please join us in praying for the many affected? Please pray…
• For the families of those killed, that God would be their peace and refuge;
• For those injured as they recover both physically and mentally;
• For the First Responders who answered the call for help and continue to serve as the search for the suspects continue;
• For protection for others as these men have not yet been apprehended;
• For the province of Saskatchewan—our leaders and our people—that God would give wisdom, healing, and comfort.
May the Lord be with us all.